Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Michael Clarke Duncan Passes Away At 54

I was going to write a succinct review on the Season 7 premiere of "Doctor Who", but I now have an inability to write very much on that subject for today. Instead I would like to express my sadness for a man who was one of the most enjoyable actors I've ever seen. Many of you may know him from The Green Mile, but to my memory I first noticed him in either Married With Children as a bouncer, or the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air as the character Tiny. He had various other roles in the Weird Science television series, The Jamie Foxx Show, and the Wayans Brothers Show before hitting the big screen in various movies. Bulworth (as a bouncer), Armageddon, Night At The Roxbury (oh hey bouncer) before landing the role of John Coffey in The Green Mile. My favorite role of his was that of Cleon Salmon from The Slammin' Salmon, especially when he purposely broke character and said, "Who turned out the lights?! Haven't you seen Green Mile?! You know I'm afraid of the dark!" He also happened to be one of the only good things about the Green Lantern movie, lending his voice to Kilowog, which was perfect casting. I am quite dejected, and I'm sorry for being a let down.

-OneOfMany

No comments:

Post a Comment